12 July 2023

Hello my old blog friends

When I got the latest E Mail from the lovely Ann I visited her blog and I was  so moved by all the wonderful memories of fur friends from our wonderful blogging days. What fun we all had. All the wonderful events we participated in. I made so many friends and met with so many in real life too . I have such special memories. I so miss those days. How many of our lovely fur friends have now left for the bridge but their lovely memories go on and hold a special place in our hearts. 

My family has grown with great grandchildren following grandchildren. Time goes by so quickly nothing is promised in this world. Barrie and I have just got back today from a bitter sweet trip to Turkey. We have been visiting a lovely family hotel in the mountains for 22 years. Friends  we have met there have been spent happy holidays with us many times. Last year our friend Pete died after a short illness. Lin his wife asked several of us to go at the same time. There were 9 of us and Pete’s ashes were scattered half in the gardens there and half at sea. Pete so loved it there and loved the sea. He had a lovely private goodbye and we all felt it was special. Barrie and I got a little plaque to leave under the tree where Pete’s ashes were scattered. This all reiterated how fragile life is and how we must embrace it and live life to the fullest. 

 One thing I have  always wanted to do was ride a horse into the sea. Despite my ongoing back problems I wanted to do it while I was still somewhat able.The chance arrived while we were in Turkey and they could accommodate a novice with a gentle ride.  I knew I would suffer but oh how wonderful was the feeling. Was it worth the pain afterwards ? Yes it so was. I know I will never be able to do it again but the memories will live on with me. A very special day indeed. 


I just wanted to say hello to any blog friends that will still see this post. I will always remember my blogging days so very fondly, never to be forgotten.


Take care everyone

Make lots












 of memories.


Carol and Angel Ginger Jasper. http://pughysgingerfurball.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

TimberLove said...

Good to hear from woooos, we think of our Ginger friend often, riding a horse in the ocean sounds wonderful! Pawing you and yours wishes for peace and health,

Timber and Family

possumlady said...

I actually gasped when I saw there was a new blog post! I was secretly hoping you had adopted another kitty :)

So good to hear from you and though your trip to Turkey was bittersweet, lots of memories were made and absolutely wonderful photos of riding a horse at the seaside!! I have never done that and don't think I ever will. I remember your posting of all the neighborhood WWII fancy dress parties (is that what you call them?), do you still have them?

Yes, so many people and kitties have gone on in the past years, the most recent was Poppy Q is New Zealand, who passed on July 1--so sad.

Looks like you and Barrie and going strong. Ever think of adopting another kitty or are you traveling too much? Anyway, so good to hear from you. I have such fond memories of reading about Ginger Jasper's adventures.

Take care,
Christine, aka Possumlady

Poppy Q said...

Nice to hear that you are all doing well. My sweet Poppy girl passed on July 1st at age 16. I am still heartbroken and miss my baby terribly. The house feels empty without her.

Julie Q

Kea said...

It's lovely to see a post from you, I'm glad you're both doing well, as well as possible, and making those memories, even if some were/are bittersweet. (I, too, thought, for a split second, that you might have adopted again.)

Life is very fragile, indeed. I lost Derry in January 2023 (he was my last--my baby, my heart--as Nicki had passed in November 2019), and then my mom unexpectedly died two months later, in March. So I understand now even more how important it is to LIVE your life as best you can, while you can. It's "funny" how when you are very young, you can think that life somehow gets easier when you're an adult, that everything makes sense, whereas the opposite seems true, IMO.

Anyway, I'm wishing you and Barrie many happy memories to come. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh GJ, it's so nice to hear from you and your family. I can't tell you how often I think of you, anytime I see an orange kitty my thoughts flow your way. We miss you my friend. Love and hugs from all of us. Such wonderful photos today too.

meowmeowmans said...

How wonderful to read a post from you, dear friends. We miss you, and think of you and GJ quite often. Thankyou for catching us up on what's going on in your lives.

Sorry to hear about your friend Pete's passing, but we are glad you were able to be there for that private goodbye. And that horse ride -- what an amazing experience.

Hugs to you both.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sorry to be late in commenting, Carol. This is such a lovely post! I also enjoy seeing the posts on FB, of course!

Hugs,
Virginia (aka #1)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments. I can’t figure out how I used to answer individually, I think my old brain is lagging a little. Brian you disappeared from my Facebook for some reason and I miss your posts. Kea I am so sorry for your loss. I really wish I cloudless have posted that we had adopted again but after we lost our sweet boy we decided that as we wanted to fit in travelling before we were too old it wasn’t fair. Also again as we are getting on we would hate to leave behind a kitty. I take great pleasure from my grand kitty’s and also lots that we see on our travels. Of course we also contribute to kitty rescues too. Love to you all x

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Poppy Q I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs x

John Bellen said...

I'm a bit late in reading this, but am glad I saw it. What a splendid and - as you wrote - bittersweet trip to Turkey. The horse-ride looks wonderful, and meeting your friends must have been very good indeed. I of course didn't know Pete but if he was your friend, he could only have been smiling down upon you all.

God bless you, and I remember Ginger Jasper well after all this time.

Glimpse said...

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge you share, making a difference in many lives.

Euslot said...

Loved your post! Your writing is both informative and captivating. Keep it up and write more!